Life Time Fitness is a national fitness chain that has more than 100 locations in 22 states. Each gym offers fitness, sports, family and resort-like activities, making it a fun and desirable place to work out for all ages.
Life Time Fitness, like any other gym, can be tricky to cancel. In fact, ComplaintsBoard.com and RipOffReport.com are full of customer complaints about Life Time Fitness. If you find yourself in these grieving customers' position, fear not: CancelWizard can help you out.
Here's how to cancel your Life Time Fitness membership:
What You’ll Need:
- Life Time Fitness membership card and account number
- Access to your home gym
- Credit card associated with your membership
Steps to Cancel:
Because Life Time does not use long-term membership contracts, you may terminate your membership for any reason upon advance written notice. It must be noted that your membership agreement has the terms you agree to and cannot be substituted with our suggestions, use your best judgement!
- To provide written notice of cancellation, first complete a termination request form in person at your home gym or send a letter request via certified mail (return receipt requested). If you are doing this in-person, set up an appointment with a Life Time Fitness membership representative. Some gyms may have certain hours of the day or particular representatives that must be used when cancelling your account.
- Complete the termination request by the end of the month in order for it to be effective on the last day of the following month. Terminations are effective on the last day of a month.
- Request documentation of your cancellation in case you have any issues with billing moving forward.
- Ask the representative any additional question about billing, re-activation, or how many more days you are able to use the gym until the cancellation is in total effect.
- Check your bank or credit card statements after your cancelation to ensure that there are no extra charges coming from Life Time.
- Life Time Fitness typically does not accept termination requests by phone, email, fax or online. If you're sending a letter of cancellation, it is strongly recommended that you use certified mail
- If you do not provide timely advance written notice, you will pay monthly membership dues at the regular rate for the current and following month, during which time you will have center access.
Don't spend a lifetime trying to cancel your gym membership. Let CancelWizard help.