Dish Network is a direct-broadcast satellite service provider located in the United States. Satellite television, satellite internet, and audio programming are services Dish Network provides its 14 million-some subscribers. Dish offers a wide variety of channels, a “watch from anywhere” option that allows you to stream Dish channels to multiple devices, and 15+ movie channels, making it a fun entertainment service to invest in. However, like most service-oriented companies, Dish Network has a you roped into a contract, which averages around two years.
If you moved, lost your job, can no longer afford the service, went into active military service, or simply don’t want the service anymore, there are many reasons people wish to cancel their Dish Network service. Dish Network has been known to charge hefty fees to cancel your service before your contract has expired. Even if you cancel after the completion of your satellite service contract, you still might have a hard time.
Luckily CancelWizard is here to save the day. Whether you want the steps to cancel your Dish Network service, or simply want someone to do it for you, we can accommodate both options.
What You’ll Need:
- Personal information
- Account information
- Access to a phone
- Online ID
- Dish products (box, remote, receiver)
Steps to Cancel:
- Gather appropriate documents to make sure you’re prepped for calling the Dish Network.
- Call Dish Network at 1-855-318-0572. Follow the prompts, and then press “0” to speak to a customer representative.
- Tell the customer representative that you want to cancel your Dish Network service.
- You may hear sales tactics to keep you from canceling your account. Stay strong and be firm that you are sure you want to cancel your service. The customer representative should give you next steps for returning your equipment over the phone. If they don’t, ASK!
- On the date of your cancellation, disconnect your equipment. You may disconnect yourself or have a Dish Network service representative come out to disconnect the receiver if you are having issues.
- Stay on the lookout for a box from Dish Network to return your equipment. The box contains instructions for returning the equipment.
- Place Dish equipment - receiver, remotes, dish - in the box. Pack the box with foam and newspaper to ensure the equipment doesn’t get harmed in transit. Seal the box and adhere the shipping label to the outside of the box.
- If you notice additional charges coming from Dish Network after your cancellation date, follow up with the customer service team.
- Keep detailed notes about when you call, and take down the names and numbers of each Dish Network customer service representative you speak with.
- Keep an eye out for this box, as you must return your Dish Network equipment within ten days of canceling your satellite service.
Not interested in following this time-intensive process? Let CancelWizard do the work for you now!