eBay is a multinational e-commerce company that provides consumer-to-consumer & business-to-consumer sales services via Internet. The site serves as a marketplace for a range of goods like apparel, sporting goods, books, and more.
eBay buyers and sellers have reasons to cancel eBay orders. Whether the buyer made a mistake when purchasing, or the seller made a mistake while listing - there are many reasons to cancel an eBay order. CancelWizard explains the best practices for canceling an eBay order, whether you are the buyer or the seller.
What You’ll Need
- eBay account information
- Access to a computer
- Payment method
- Order number(s)
Steps to Cancel
Seller: How to cancel an eBay order
- Login to your eBay account. You will need to contact the buyer to negotiate how to cancel the order. eBay recommends you use the Resolution Center (up to 45 days after the purchase) to cancel the eBay purchase.
- When communicating with the buyer, eBay also recommends using positive language, and avoiding any dialogue that may seem volatile or personal.
- Read more about eBay's tips for communicating with a buyer.
Buyer: How to cancel an eBay order
- Login to your eBay account and use the Resolution Center.
- Go to my eBay > Sold, then locate the item(s).
- In the “More Actions” drop-down menu, select “Cancel this Order”.
- Select a reason for canceling your order.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Take a screenshot the cancellation and make sure that you are reimbursed for the item(s) if you already purchased them. If you’ve paid through PayPal, your account will automatically be refunded. If you pay through a method other than PayPal, read these instructions.
If you’re still having issues, defer to the eBay Money Back Guarantee.
Buyer: How to cancel and eBay bid
- Identify the item number of the product you are bidding on.
- Visit the Cancel Bids Placed on your Listing and cancel the bid.
- Because all sellers are independent, it is not guaranteed that canceling your eBay order will be simple. In other words, you may need CancelWizard's help when you cancel your eBay order.
If this sounds to difficult or time consuming to pursue, click on the “Cancel Online” button below to work with a cancelation expert at CancelWizard.
Have further questions? Drop us a line in the comment box below!