Maxim Magazine is a popular magazine for men of all ages. It provides information on celebrities, tech, sports, girls, and food. However, many customers are unhappy with Maxim's automatic renewal policy or are having a difficult time canceling. Some customers find the overt sexualization off-putting or embarrassing to read in public.
If you've signed up for a free trial with Maxim Magazine, you may have found that your account has been charged to renew or fulfill the subscription after your free trial is over. Many people miss the fine print listed in the terms and conditions. Who can blame you? The information is hard to read and is often in legalese.
If you want to cancel your Maxim magazine subscription, follow the steps below and you should be able to cancel your subscription without many hassles:
What You’ll Need:
- Account information
- Access to a computer
Steps to Cancel Online:
- Sign onto your computer.
- Navigate to the Maxim Customer Service website found here.
- Once logged into your account, find the "Manage Your Account" option.
- Scroll to the area that details how to cancel your subscription.
- Use the mailing label on your recent Maxim issue to fill in the account information. Then follow the steps listed on the website to cancel your account.
Steps to Cancel Via Email:
- Note the contact information for the Subscriber Services Department. Compose an email stating clearly your name, address, account information and your desire to cancel your subscription. Keep a copy of the email for your records in case you have any difficulty canceling.
- If you are having issues canceling through the Customer Service portal, write an email to Address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address the letter to Subscriber Services and include the date you are writing the letter in the header.
- Include the following verbiage: "I hereby notify the Subscriber Department of Maxim Magazine that I no longer wish to receive Maxim. Please cancel my subscription, effective immediately."
- Make sure to add your name, account number, address, and date you originally signed on for a subscription. To err on the safe side, include a mailing label from a recent issue, include it with the letter.
- Hit send and follow up two weeks after you’ve sent the letter to ensure Maxim received it.
- If you want to speak directly with Customer Service at Maxim, call 1-800-829-5572.
- Prefer to communicate via social media? You can contact them via their Twitter account here.
Still frustrated? We don't blame you. If you'd like CancelWizard to help cancel your Maxim subscription, scroll down to get started!