Time Warner Cable Inc. is a cable company that operates in nearly 30 states. It is the second largest cable company in the U.S. behind only Comcast. Like many cable companies, Time Warner Cable contracts can be difficult to cancel.
Time Warner Cable has a large number of complaints against them for many reasons including lack of customer service, excessive down time (Internet), and price gouging without notice. Many of reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com are negative.
If you wish to cancel your Time Warner Cable, and don’t know where to start, we can help. The steps below outline how you can cancel yourself. Or, if you want an expert to handle this, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the red button.
What You’ll Need:
- Reason for canceling
- Account number
- Account information
- Old equipment (cable box, remotes, cords, etc.)
Steps to Cancel:
- Review your contract terms and gather appropriate documents. Note that early termination fees can amount to up to $150. Also, if your services are bundled make sure to read the terms and conditions of the bundled package.
- Contact a Time Warner Cable customer representative at 1-888-TWCable (1-888-892-2253) to cancel your service. Cancellations must be processed through a customer service representative and cannot be initiated online.
- Provide the customer service representative your account information, including your. State which service you are interested in canceling (TV, cable, internet, or phone). If you are interested in keeping a portion of your package, inform the customer service representative.
- Follow the customer service representative’s instructions for returning the cable box, remotes and any other borrowed items.
- Write down the confirmation number and the name of the customer service representative you were working with in case you find that your request to cancel was not processed.
Similarly, if you’ve already tried to cancel Time Warner Cable and are frustrated and down trodden, let CancelWizard assist you. We’re here to help.