Atlanta Fitness is a chain of gyms located in Georgia with locations in Cumming, Newnan, Alpharetta, and coming Carrollton. Atlanta Fitness offers group fitness, exclusive training, personal training, cardio cinema, and cardio and weight machines.
With complicated gym contracts and extensive terms of agreement, don’t you want to shout, “I just want to workout!”
Like most fitness memberships, Atlanta Fitness has lengthy contract terms, often a year or more. Upon signing your Atlanta Fitness contract, you might be approving additional fees like 'start up' fees or 'annual rate guarantee' fees... so read the fine print!
Canceling Atlanta Fitness may not be as easy as you would think. This RipOff Report post from a former Atlanta Fitness member who relocated to an area outside of Atlanta stated that in order to cancel the gym contract due to relocation you need a utility bill, mortgage paperwork, military documentation, to prove that you have moved out of the area. Keep in mind, this personal information is not so you can properly pay taxes or receive your mail – it’s to cancel your GYM MEMBERSHIP!
If you didn’t fully read the terms and conditions of Atlanta Fitness, you could be overwhelmed at the cost and decide that you want to terminate your membership. Here’s a suggestion on how to cancel Atlanta Fitness, but keep in mind that your individual gym membership contract will contain the most accurate information:
What You’ll Need:
- Your Atlanta Fitness membership contract
- Reason for canceling
- Account information
- Personal information
- Access to a fax machine/ U.S. Postal Office
Steps to Cancel
- Gather materials listed above. Print off your original Atlanta Fitness contract, or contact your home gym to obtain an extra copy of the contract.
- Make sure your account is paid up to date.
- If the cancelation is done through abc financial, you may just need to send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org - If that doesn't work, then...
- Draft a letter with your personal and account information, and home gym. State your desire to cancel your Atlanta Fitness membership. State the reason for canceling. If you cancel prior to the year anniversary “start date” of your membership, you may need to write a check for $59 for administrative fees and pay last month's dues. Keep in mind, you must also give 30 days notice.
- Send the certified letter to: ABC Financial, Attention: Client Services, at P.O. Box 6800, Sherwood, AR 72124.
- To cancel Atlanta Fitness, you must submit a 30 day written notice and it is suggested to do so by certified mail. To certify your mail, you must send the letter through the postal service with receipt of a letter or package.
- Call your gym to determine how they suggest canceling. If you have billing under ABC Financial, you can also contact them to get accurate information on how to cancel and if any final payments need to be made
- If you move more than 15 miles from Atlanta Fitness you may break the contract. To do this you must provide 30 days notice and pay last month's dues. This is only available with valid proof of relocation as approved by Atlanta Fitness/ABC Financial Services, Inc. with proof of address change. Acceptable proof of address change documents include: post office address change, a copy of new utility bill.
- If you become disabled or die you can cancel your contract. Atlanta Fitness shall have the right to require and verify reasonable evidence of total and permanent medical disability or death.
- ABC Financial handles Atlanta Fitness’ billing and cancellation services. Any cancellation questions should be direct to ABC Financial at 1 (888) 827-9262.
If you’re frustrated with trying to cancel your Atlanta Fitness membership, please read our general article about why it’s so difficult to cancel your gym membership. Then, let CancelWizard help you end your Atlanta Fitness contract.